Executive & strategic:
- As Chief Executive gained considerable experience running a charity and a company, including visioning, developing long-term company plans, answering to a board, establishing relationships with strategic stakeholders, developing policies, procedures, bid-writing and fund-raising.
- As Development Manager gained additional experience in creating partnership projects, as well as experience in developing membership recruitment.
- Experience of governance gained through being part of the Members’ Council at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, a Trustee at Friends of Cotteridge Park and Director of HamFisted! theatre company.
- Experience of developing, planning and implementing a complex and varied schedule of work with multiple partners, stakeholders and departments
Budgeting & Fundraising:
- As Chief Executive & General Manager responsible for running an annual budget of £0.3million, setting and achieving challenging fundraising targets, overseeing project budgets.
- As Chief Executive, General Manager and Development Manager extensive experience of developing projects between different external partners
- Extensive experience of successful bid-writing for Lottery distributors (such as Heritage Lottery Fund and Arts Council England), trusts & foundations (such as Esmee Fairbairn and Children in Need), Landfill Communities Fund distributors and local authority grants.
- As Development Manager gained experience of running Face to Face, Door to Door and online membership recruitment campaigns, including working with partners to set up a new Face to Face recruitment subsidiary.
- Authored or co-authored successful grant or funding applications of over £1.2 million during different roles
Management & Administration:
- As Chief Executive & General Manager responsible for all operational and financial aspects of the company’s ambitious volume of work.
- Extensive experience of management of both in-house teams and organising freelance workers and volunteers. Also managing relationships within the team, with other departments, and with other stakeholders
- Extensive project management experience with a variety of types of projects in roles as Chief Executive, Development Manager, Production & Stage Manager and General Manager
- Booking and administration of events and activities, including risk assessments. Liaison with clients, members of the public, venues and other professionals, and troubleshooting both before the events and on site.
- Desk top publishing and website design experience (see IT and Internet below)
- Full clean driving licence.
IT and Internet Experience:
- Minor in Computer Graphics as part of BA (Hons) Communication and Media Production degree (First class honours).
- Significantly developed The Play House’s IT infrastructure and online presence, developing a comprehensive and interactive online learning resource. Significantly increased The Play House’s & Wildlife Trust’s online presence through Facebook and Twitter
- Experience with both Mac & Windows including Subscriber & Filemaker Pro databases, desk top publishing through QuarkXpress, Adobe Pagemaker & InDesign, and a variety of CAD and graphics packages.
- Experience of HTML programming; authoring and operating sites through WordPress, GoogleSites and Blogger; working with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and LinkedIn.