For senior management positions, including Development Manager and General Manager, see Senior management & executive experience.
Other management experience includes:
Freelance Production, Technical and Company Stage Manager
Various appointments 1992 – 2005
- As Head of Department gained extensive experience of management of both in-house teams and organising freelance workers, and managing relationships within the team, with other departments, and with visiting staff.
- Both technical, production and time-management skills developed during theatre and corporate employment, from large events at non-theatre venues to small performances at community venues.
- Administration of tours both while on the road and from base. Liaison with members of the public, venues and other professionals, and troubleshooting both before the events and on site. Preparation of pre-show paperwork for venues, and keeping of production accounts..
- Extensive project management experience as Production and Technical Manager including pre-production technical aspects of the shows, costings, budgets, petty cash, technical liaison with venues, supervision of LX and sound rig, propping and furnishing of production, supervision of fit-ups & and get-outs, technical liaison with venue and contractors, and health and safety.
- Company Stage Management experience including budgeting, liaison between theatre departments, care of the acting company, liaison with directors , designers & venues, overseeing of rehearsals and technical week, FoH & press liaison, petty cash. Additional HOD duties included supervising the stage management team as necessary and in certain cases overseeing outgoing tours.