The Wildlife Trust for Birmingham & the Black Country August 2012 – December 2014
Leading the Development Department at The Wildlife Trust for Birmingham & the Black Country, one of 47 Trusts working for wildlife across the UK.
– Developed relationships with strategic partners, funders and other stakeholders.
– Oversaw all development, fundraising, membership and communications functions of the Trust
– Liaised with the national office regarding co-ordinated campaigns and agendas.
– Worked closely with senior staff & trustees to refocus funding priorities
– Developed major conservation and engagement projects to address the Trust’s strategic objectives
– Worked closely with all Trust staff to coordinate and support them in the development of and fundraising for smaller projects.
– Authored or co-authored grant or funding applications of over £1 million during tenure, with experience of lottery & statutory funding, and grant-making trusts.
Membership and Communications:
– Collaborated with 7 other Trusts set up a new Face to Face membership recruitment company
– Improved the Trust’s offer to members, enhancing the membership journey and improving retention rates
– Oversaw the Trust’s external communications, and a member of the national web task group
– Significantly increased the Trust’s online presence through Facebook and Twitter
– Developed the Trust’s external branding, creating consistent and modern marketing materials
From left: An early morning for International Dawn Chorus Day, coordinated by the Trust (here at the Trust’s reserve at Moseley Bog); the Trust’s people and wildlife team demonstrate green woodworking; Deer’s Leap Wood, a new reserve once part of the old M&B Brewery. Above right: Wild bluebells at a Trust reserve.
General Manager (also Company Secretary)
The Play House September 2004–April 2006
Responsible for management of administrative and financial operations. Oversaw all facets of the organisations financial, legal and administrative responsibilities, including shared responsibility for fundraising, quotations and client liaison. Co-authored successful grant or funding applications of over £100,000 during tenure. Oversaw the replacement & renewal of the company’s IT infrastructure and introduced an online presence.
Freelance Development Consultant
This works include advising on fundraising strategy, strategic goals, governance, marketing & operational matters. Most notably this has included acting as freelance Development Director for Mad Hatter’s Children’s Charity, which has included creating the YouTube video below to promote the organisation.